22 November 2007
Zomb-wii
The Wii is gradually building up a list of games that interest me. Regrettably, they're all zombie games:

• Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

• Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

• House of the Dead 2 & 3

I'm tepid on Metroid Prime 3, mostly because the first one put me to sleep every time I tried to play it, but will still give it a run when I get a Wii. Even so, give the Wii another year and another three zombie games, and I'll buy one on that basis alone.

Labels: , ,

Now to be fair, you should probably include those games on the Wii that you would play, were it your only system, like Tomb Raider: Anniversary.

Nothing from the Virtual Console, zombie or no, attracts? Wow, look at how many of the IGN Editors' Choice for Wii list comes from the VC. There's something amiss there. Strikes me as seedy.

SSX Blur? It's on my list.

By Blogger rufbo, at 24 November, 2007 18:47

Well I've liked Mario Galaxy. There, I said it, and I'd say it again if I had too. Maybe even twice.

On the advice of diverse reviewers I've picked up Zack and Wiki, haven't had the chance to play it much yet but it's nice to play a classic adventure game reworked for a modern console.

By Blogger JohnH, at 24 November, 2007 19:34

There's a truckload interesting me this month, but to the point I got to try RE 4:Wii Edition just this morning. The new controls are pretty interesting and the game never looked better.

By Blogger Josh, at 24 November, 2007 22:56

rufbo: I don't recall reviews of TR:A on Wii being so positive that I have to replay right now. Positive, yes, but not enough that I've got to have it.

As for the VC list, I saw Super Metroid and Bomberman '93 that interest me. That's about it. I already own and have beaten Super Castlevania IV.

JohnH: Mario? Pass. :^)

Josh: Good to hear a report from the field. Maybe a Wii by the end of 2008...

By Blogger jvm, at 24 November, 2007 23:10

It's not a zombie game, but the newly announced Fragile RPG is set in an apocalyptic future in which almost everyone is dead.

See the joystiq article with an embedded trailer.

By Blogger guttertalk, at 26 November, 2007 15:49

Not really zombie games, but..

- Obscure 2
- Fatal Frame (not sure if it's 4 or what)
- Sadness (might not exist.. but I hope so, looks great)

And Metroid Prime 3 is awesome.

By Blogger Anonymous, at 29 November, 2007 10:26

The Paper Mario RPG they released for Wii is genius, you should all be playing it.

Pass on Mario? Never ring again.

By Blogger Michael, at 29 November, 2007 10:36

michael: Paper Mario for the Wii ended up being more of a platformer than an RPG, didn't it?

That's sorta one of the reasons I haven't picked it up yet -- the previous incarnation (Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door) on the Gamecube was a true (albeit "simplified") RPG, and managed to do some interesting things with the franchise.

By Blogger Dan, at 29 November, 2007 16:40