08 November 2006
But now I see...
So, the Nintendo DS (Lite, Onyx) came in last night along with a copy of Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. I've spent some time playing and it's a neat system. I'm hoping the promising touch screen display is used well (in all games). I'll have more to say later, on the system and the game.

What I want to say right now is just how strikingly bright this thing makes my Game Boy Advance games look. I popped Metroid Fusion in for a test drive and it was like seeing the game for the first time. While I still love my little Afterburnin' GBA, it can't hold a candle to the vibrancy of the Nintendo DS screen. Wow. It makes me want to pull out all my GBA games and see what I've been missing.

You never used a GBA SP?

By Blogger Michael, at 08 November, 2006 20:11

Truly, no. I've seen the ripped to crap models on display in Target and so forth, but they're always mounted on displays meant for kids (i.e. around my knees) so I haven't really spent time with them.

I think cgm (my brother) let me use his GBA SP years ago. Not long, however.

So, right, no GBA SP experience.

By Blogger jvm, at 08 November, 2006 20:15

Welcome to the world of Nintendo DS. What other games are you planning to get?

By Blogger Bigelow, at 09 November, 2006 16:05

Brain Age, Phoenix Wright, Zoo Keeper, Electroplankton, Resident Evil. Maybe I'll look at see what imports are available.

By Blogger jvm, at 09 November, 2006 16:17

I recommend Big Brain Academy. I've never played Brain Age, so I can't compare them, but Big Brain has a excellent addictive quality. I'm constantly trying to beat my score, and the score of my fiancee. You can have 4 profiles on one cart. Right now it is a competition between myself, my fiancee and my friend as to who can be the first to get a A. If you go to most EB games or Targets you can use a ds download station to get a demo.

By Anonymous Boraxplunder, at 09 November, 2006 23:57

Phoenix Wright is awesome. You should also check out Lost in Blue, New Super Mario Bros., Meteos, and if you're importing, definitely check out Oendan. Oh, and I heard Contact was pretty good too.

By Blogger Bigelow, at 12 November, 2006 02:39