05 March 2006
Upcoming PSP vacation
At the end of this week I'll be taking a few days away from home, which means little to no computer access and lots of social time during which I cannot play, read about, or write about games. Maybe the other bloggers around here will post something.

When I do have a few minutes to myself, I'm planning to spend time with the PSP, and I thought I'd pick up a new game for the occasion.

I'm thinking one of:
  1. Namco Battle Collection - Classic arcade games!
  2. Pinball Hall of Fame - Classic pinball games!
  3. WipeOut Pure - Classi...I mean, hoverbikes!
  4. Exit - Puzzler. Thanks to jmro for reminding me of this one.
  5. Prince of Persia: Revelations - Last time I brought this up it got slammed hard by commenters, but I can't help wanting the PoP experience in a handheld.
  6. Infected - This looks like a bloody shooter, but has been compared to Robotron, which is a weak point for me.
I guess the other option -- the much more expensive option -- is to get a Nintendo DS and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.

Labels:

I'm actually really interested in Exit. Maybe check it out... need PSP downloadable demos.

By Anonymous jmro, at 06 March, 2006 00:07

Exit is awesome.
Infected sucks AND has Insane Clown Posse content (no, I'm not kidding).
PoP: R sucks.

Other good games I'd consider myself:
Megaman X (whatever they're calling it, that game was awesomee on the snes and should be good here

By Anonymous zachary, at 06 March, 2006 00:22

I've not seen or heard anything about exit, but I am fond of puzzle games.

Additionally megaman X, and the new megaman powered up do seem very interesting, as I enjoy megaman games on the level you seem to enjoy castlevania games.

Also. as awesome as the DS is (i enjoy mine far far more than I do my psp), unless you are jonesing for the game and watch stylings of the current model, i'd recommend holding out for the much sleeker DS Lite.

And Castlevania DS is quite sweet.

By Anonymous adrian, at 06 March, 2006 06:24

actually scratch that. After reading some reviews..

I'm going to picking up a copy of exit the moment I have the opportunity =)

By Anonymous adrian, at 06 March, 2006 06:29

I think you should try Wipeout Pure. I've had at least a little time with all the games you mention, and it's the most compelling. On a system with quite a few racing titles, it's the best.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 06 March, 2006 10:17

Oh, I forgot about Burnout. Burnout Legends is also awesome.

By Anonymous zachary, at 06 March, 2006 13:11

I'd go for the DS packed with Mario Kart. Of all the systems I have, I find myself always going back to that.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 07 March, 2006 08:02

DS may be cool anony, but jvm asked for PSP games....

Unfortunately, the one PSP game I'd possibly like to play is one jvm probably won't appreciate. Let's just say it involves rolling stuff up into a huge ball....

Hm, although Exit might be cool. I'd have to see it myself though.

By Blogger JohnH, at 07 March, 2006 10:31

sorry johnh, i know, but he did mention the ds option at the end. i just think the ds has so many more great games. and mario kart is worth the price of a DS im my book. my psp just gets dusty these days although i'm kinda itching to go out and but pursuit force today.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 07 March, 2006 11:03