25 January 2006
Battlezone PSP... Really!?!
Tonight I found that Amazon lists Battlezone for the PSP by Atari. So does GameStop. And Wal-mart. I have never heard of this title, and I didn't find anything about it on Atari's site.

Does anyone have any concrete information on this game? I would love a remake/update of the PC and N64 game, especially with some updated graphics and online play.

Atari doesn't own the full rights to Battlezone and Battlezone II for the PC; they were developed by another team entirely. They are both brilliant games, so you should buy them and play them until the CD wears out.

Chances are it's just a re-release of the original arcade game, or a terrible action-y remake with rap music and ghetto stylings.

By Blogger Ravuya, at 25 January, 2006 23:40

Ah, right: those Windows games were *Activision* games. Good point.

I'm still curious to see what these games are. And, until I hear otherwise, I'm still going to fantasize that they're a remake of the 1990s action/strategy games. ;^)

By Blogger jvm, at 26 January, 2006 00:14

I wonder if it's a miscommunication of this game: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-37-7ffe8a670bbb31dacfa4c7d29346e8e7-71-9f-49-en-70-cyv.html

By Blogger Alex, at 26 January, 2006 15:05

Alex, I thought the same thing while I was poking around. But I was under the (potentially mistaken) impression that that game wasn't coming to the U.S. I mean, it's possible that Atari might be the NA publisher for that, but then I'd imagine that folks like IGN and GameSpot would actually have more information on it *as a NA release*. As it is...they have none. (Again, AFAICT...)

By Blogger jvm, at 26 January, 2006 15:20

Actually, it appears that Shutokou Battle: Zone of Control is being brought to NA by Konami as Street Supremacy.

By Blogger jvm, at 26 January, 2006 20:53

I wish I could play it until it wears out ( have both bz1 and bz2 ).recently had win xp pro installed but it wont work on it. i'm still trying to find a patch for it to make it compatible

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 14 February, 2006 14:49

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger zemmalem, at 01 May, 2006 11:19

to anonymous:

you'll find exactly what you're looking for.

By Anonymous HitchcockGreen, at 01 May, 2006 11:21

I have Battlezone for the PSP in my hot little hand. It's not like BZ1 and BZ2 from Activision (and Pandemic); it's a deathmatch game. As a matter of fact, it is almost identical to an old Atari Games arcade game called T-Mek... as memory serves. You are in an arena with N other tanks, you run through flying light things to get more energy, you have a normal weapon and a better weapon.

Cheers,

larry

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 31 December, 2006 04:09

Ah! Found its official site:

www.battlezonegame.com

And here's a better URL for T-Mek, as your comment system clipped the previous one:

www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9992

Cheers,

larry

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 31 December, 2006 04:13

Larry,

Thanks for the information. I remember T-Mek on the Sega 32X a long time ago and that it was one of the better 32X games.

So tell us...how is it?