22 December 2005
Two Unrelated Complaints
Going to do my annual viewing of Die Hard in a minute, but I had to get these two things off my chest:
  • Dying laptops are the worst. Fortunately, my wife has a Windows laptop that I can slum on until the Powerbook returns.
  • Let's say you design a game, an otherwise fun game, that involves buying guns at a gun shop. And let's say that you make the Exit Buying Guns Mode Button the same as the Fire Shiny New Weapon Button. What do you think happens?

I'll tell you what happens, buster. The freaking virtual gun shop owner takes you out with his gigantic freaking shotgun when you accidentally fire a single freaking bullet in his general direction! Can't he see it was a mistake?! Honest!
Anyway, if you're exiting the gun store in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, let me recommend using the triangle button instead of the circle button as listed on the screen.

And back up your data.

arent you bored being so goddamn bitter?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 23 December, 2005 01:54

You make it all worthwhile. Thanks.

By Blogger jvm, at 23 December, 2005 01:56

unrelated game- but sounds similar to the L3 button on the pS2 Madden 06 being the mute button for online chat. For those that aren't familiar with the PS2 or Madden, the L3 button is the analog stick that you use to control your players.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 23 December, 2005 10:54

JVM- thanks for this editing/maintaining this site. It is one of my favorites.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 23 December, 2005 10:59

Anon #2, is that at least configurable or is there just one control scheme?

Anon #3, thanks. (Not sarcasm.)

By Blogger jvm, at 23 December, 2005 12:16

I just played a game of madden and looked through all the possible controller layout settings. I could not find a way to change the mute button to another button. If anyone knows of a way, please let me know. Cheers to monopolies...

To clarify, you move the L3 button around to control your player. You press down on the L3 button to turn voice on or off. However, normally when trying to run you accidentally press down on the button turning voice off.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 23 December, 2005 15:28

Merry Christmas, Matt. Got around to playing GTA:LCS on the flight over here but really couldn't get into it. The fact that they made no effort whatsoever to improve the save/load and mission flow really pissed me off. Commiting suicide in the gun store sound sliek sweet relief. I decided to watch "Polar Express" for the eleven hours instead.

Martin.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 25 December, 2005 05:42

Merry Christmas, Martin. Sorry that GTA:LCS didn't set you on fire. Can't imagine Polar Express was much more fun. :^(

Have fun with the family, and enjoy the holiday.

By Blogger jvm, at 25 December, 2005 10:22